On Monday, the Senate confirmed Janet Yellen to be the new Chair of the Federal Reserve. She is the first woman to lead the US Central Bank. Time magazine has named her a sixteen trillion dollar woman representing her position as a key policy maker over the US $16 Trillion economy, making her the most powerful economist in the world.
The senate confirmation was 56-26. She only needed a simple 51 majority to be confirmed.
Previously we wrote about seven Interesting-facts-about-janet-yellen
1. She hails from Brooklyn NY
2. Was born on August 13, 1946. She is 67
3. She is married to a Nobel Peace Prize winner George Akerlof. He is also an economist
4. She graduated from Brown University with a degree in economics and she has a Phd from Yale
5. She is currently a Vice Chair of the Federal Reserve System
6. She served under President Clinton as Chair of Council of Economic Advisors
7. She is said to be good in predicting the economy. She is one of the few Fed Reserve Governors who accurately predicted the 2008 financial meltdown
More on the sixteen trillion dollar woman on Time.com
Janet Yellen Is Confirmed The Chair Of The Federal Reserve